Wednesday 13 January 2016

My Minimal Makeup Routine.

I know what you're thinking...
and I know I haven't posted on here in a while and I'm not making any excuses towards my absence, it's just me being an almighty procrastinator. BUT... I am back and I am going to try my hardest to blog once to twice a week as of now. Thank you for your patience, now lets get into this blog post.


Today I am talking through my most recent makeup routine. Recently i've been really focusing on looking after my skin and creating my own strict skincare routine to tackle my problem areas. I've been pretty much walking around with no makeup on for the past 3 weeks and I'm okay with that; but it's always nice when your'e feeling a bit down to put a bit of makeup on, even if your'e lounging around your house. So on those days here is what I've been using.
I'm starting off with my base: Liz Earle moisturiser for dry/ sensitive skin. This is just a light moisturiser that I use in the morning after completing my skincare routine. This particular moisturiser is pretty much made up of natural ingredients so I know I'm not putting anything harsh on my face.

Next I apply my: Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint with SPF 15 in the lightest shade. This is a moisturiser in itself but due to my skin reacting to the cold weather I prefer to use both the moisturiser and the skin tint. I apply this with my fingers and It's gives me that 'no makeup' makeup look. It's a very light coverage skin tint so it feels light on the skin and keeps the skin looking radiant and shows the skins natural glow. I've been substituting my foundation for this and my skin is certainly thanking me for the switch.

The next few things I do Is just an everyday thing which is brushing through my brows, curling my eyelashes and applying whatever lip balm is there (usually a good old Nivea lip balm does the trick). After that I apply my L'oreal 'Superstar false lash mascara' which is an absolute god sent and a pretty good drugstore bargain YAY! This mascara has two ends, a primer which you apply first and wait to dry then the actual mascara which I only apply one coat because the primer gives it the overall volume.

After that I apply the Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess Bronzer in 02 Medium just to the apples of my cheeks and slightly into my temples, then I brush over my nose and forehead with any of the bronzer left on the brush just to make me look a little less dead. This has a slight shimmer so I don't really need to apply a highlighter.

And finally I apply my Mac lipstick in the shade 'Modesty' which is basically a your lip colour but better if that makes any sense at all.... It's basically a nude pink colour. And that's it! Pretty simple look if you want a minimal look or if you're in a hurry.

Here is the final look... brace yourselves you'll have to look at my oh so happy face.


Hope you enjoyed this post and leave me any feedback or if you'd like anymore details on the products used.

Bye Guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment